Monday, September 3, 2012

Congested

For the last few weeks I've been trying to figure out, how I made my life so confusing. I was distracted by what I thought I needed. The need couldn't fulfill my wants because my desire required so much more. I was unlike myself. Unsure of what step to make and if I took the step would it put me in jeopardy. My future was mapped out. It was detailed and orchestrated so that there was no deviation. I wrestled with the thought of uncertainty and in that became doubt which unrivaled fear. The greatest of all challenges a person will have to face head on will be to conquer fear. Fear does not adhere to reasoning, because fear only answers to those who feed into it.  And if I had allowed myself to feed my fear it would have grown into an adult size image of what I didn't want to become. I realized that I had to starve fear in order for it to die. I feed it with the things I knew it hated and despised. I gave it "Love and Peace" as an appetizer. I gave it "Faith" as the main course. And I gave it "Hope" as the desert. These ingredients are what we all need to survive and kill fear for good.  We can't overcome it unless we give it something that it doesn't want but what we all need.


Duly Noted and Marked

No comments:

Post a Comment