Monday, January 14, 2013

Identity

Who can remain loyal when being loyal requires solidarity. If we are not on one accord then what remains is division. And in division places each and everyone of us on opposite ends. Its sad to recognize that at this point in our lives that we have so many quarrels with family and friends based on a decision they made and one you decided to move forward with. Does it not seem fair to say that a person decisions are personal matters? And that we all have to make them one day for ourselves. We put too much of our own beliefs into someone else's life that is not our own. We try to mirror an image that we think would be perfection but it turns out to be deception. You can not live through a lens that is not prescribed to you. Everyone on this planet has their own identity. For a time in my life I lived through someone else's vision. Which made me more angry than confused. I allowed people to dictate how I was going to be by what they did, when I knew it wasn't even me. I lost a sense of self and time wandering aimlessly trying to figure out who I was and where I was headed. Its take a special kind of person to decide to change based on self identification. When you identify with who you are you set yourself up to place the World off it's axis. We are designed to be identified by "The One",who has made us acceptable beings but in a separable way. If I become like you and you became like me, then it would be hard to separate. A person with their own Identity can never be mistaken for someone else, even if someone's vision of you is obscured from their own beliefs.


Duly Noted and Marked

No comments:

Post a Comment