Monday, November 19, 2012

Dedicated to You


Dear Steven,

From the day that I first saw you, I never thought you and I would be as close as we are. As a baby I held you tight and as you grew older, I never wanted to let you go. My heart is as big as you have allowed it to be. You have had some challenges in the past few years, but you have made it through the tears. I have prayed for you constantly and with my, “Yes”, came prayers that became answers. Not only are you my baby brother, but you are so much more a part of me.  I have had a hand or two in raising you and I know what you have on the inside of you, it’s beyond your wildest belief.  The years that I was far from you, it was a time that I needed to grow and make decisions based on the rest of my life, but you were always in my heart.  I can’t take back the years and even when I felt that you were not in a good place in mind and body, I knew that deep inside it wasn't a place you wanted to stay. From our last conversation a few days ago, it sent me on a roller coaster so high that I could not see the ground. You are where you should be and it’s a great place to be. Stay reading “The Word”, stay praying, believing but most importantly trust in no man but GOD. He holds the key to your future and so much more. You have fought a great fight little brother, but now the battle is the Lord’s.


Love you always and forever,
You’re Sister

Duly Noted and Marked 

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am thankful to have read such a great word of encouragement for a sibling. It gives me encouragement, confirmation and affirmation that I have pondered and see-sawed upon as to reaching out and letting my siblings know who and what they are to GOD and MYSELF! Thank you for allowing yourself to be vulnerable and open before the WORLD WIDE WEB in order to show your brother that you will do just as Christ did for all of us -- NO SHAME FOR THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR CHRIST AND FOR YOUR BROTHERS LIFE HERE ON EARTH THAT HE TOO CAN HAVE AN HEAVENLY EXPERIENCE RIGHT HERE ON EARTH! Be Blessed and Encouraged!

    JLJ

    ReplyDelete